Coffee lovers would agree with me that coffee can be quite addicting. For some people, it’s their morning ritual to wake up and take their cup of coffee before doing anything else in the morning.
For others, it’s simply something that they have to have every day or they feel like they can’t function properly for the rest of the day. In this article, I will be revealing a solid way of drinking coffee with Invisalign, and reasons why you shouldn’t use them while drinking coffee.
Regardless of how much coffee you drink, it can be hard to imagine your life without it. There are quite a number of adults that wears Invisalign and other dental braces, so does the number of questions and concerns surrounding how to maintain dental health while using these dental aligners.
One of the most common questions we hear is, can you drink coffee with Invisalign? While most people using Invisalign are aware of what and what not to eat/drink, others are not quite sure about the diet they should cut down on.
Drinking Coffee With Invisalign
Believe me, one of the worst nightmares of a coffee lover is not being able to enjoy this cup of coffee every morning like he used to.
But what if you had to give up coffee completely for a certain period, what would you do in this case? Such situations are what lead to queries such as “can I drink coffee with Invisalign?
You May Like:
- Mr. Coffee Iced Coffee Maker Instructions
- Black and Decker Coffee Makers With Instructions
- Hebrew Coffee: The Best Way To Start Your Day!
- How To Make Coffee Without A filter
Overall, it is not recommended to drink coffee while wearing your aligners, because it can lead to other complications. But as a coffee lover, I couldn’t just stay a day without savoring my cup of joe. After hours of some solid outside-the-box thinking, I came up with a unique way of enjoying my coffee while my aligners are still on.
Drinking coffee with Invisalign would put you in a tough situation, as you are expected to put remove them before drinking the coffee. However, removing your Invisalign regularly will make the aligners less effective, because you are required to put them on for at least 22 hours daily for them to be very effective. Check the simple hack below.
Can You Drink Coffee With Invisalign
Yes, you can, but it is not the best way to enjoy your coffee as you used to. However, this simple hack will leave you to astound. Generally, except for water, you’re advised to remove the aligners before any other liquids get in your mouth.
This simple hack is how I keep enjoying my coffee while keeping my Invisalign effective. What I did was, anytime, I finish brewing my cup of coffee, I get a straw, and a coffee sleeve with a lid. I use the straw to siphon the coffee out of the coffee sleeve.
You May Like:
- Who Makes Farmers Select Coffee?
- Best Coffee Makers Made In Germany: Three Models Reviewed
- How To Program Cuisinart 14 Cups Coffee maker
- Best Coffee Makers Under 100 Dollars
This simple hack is quite effective, the straw helps in getting the coffee into my mouth uniformly without coming in contact with the Invisalign. Although it is not the best way to enjoy your coffee, it goes a long way in reducing the stress of removing and putting back the Invisalign.
Why Can’t I Drink Coffee While Wearing Invisalign?
Going by this rule, there are lots of reasons why you shouldn’t drink coffee with your Invisalign, except you choose the way of the straws. Here are some of the reasons why you shouldn’t drink your coffee with putting on your Invisalign.
- Invisaligns are made out of thermoplastics and can be fragile. Drinking coffee with Invisalign can cost misalignments, due to the heat that emanates from the hot coffee. You seriously need to keep them in shape, if you want the best results with your Invisalign.
- Stains: Stains are one of the reasons why you should not drink coffee while putting on an Invisalign. Invisalign is made out of clear plastics, hence the name “Invisalign” which is a combination of invisible + align. Coffee could stain the aligners.
- If you drink your coffee with sugar, this can be bad for your dentition and Invisalign. There are possibilities that some surgery particles might stick to your teeth, and increase your odds of getting a decayed tooth.
- Not just coffee, you might want to cut down the level of your sugar intake, and other liquids with colors, except for water.
It can be tough to get around drinking coffee with Invisalign, but this little hack will let you enjoy your coffee without removing your Invisalign. All you need is a cup with a straw and you’ll be all set.
This little tip has helped me a lot and I hope it does the same for you. Remember, you can still enjoy your favorite things even with Invisalign. Just be creative and have fun!