Toshiba rice cooker is one of the finest brands of rice cookers in Japan and across Asia in its entirety. We all know Toshiba, a reputable brand that manufactures high-quality appliances.
Toshiba RC-18nmf, one of the most sought-after rice cookers from the helms Toshiba, is what we will discuss. I once owned an RC-18nmf rice cooker from Toshiba, and trust me, you will get popeyed by the capabilities and performance of this cookware.
The RC-18nmf rice cooker from Toshiba is multifunctional cookware. One of the many wonders of this micom cooker is that it can also be used for baking bread. This cookware can save you a lot of time and money because you don’t have to buy a different home appliance for making bread.
It doesn’t end there, the Toshiba RC-18nmf is good at preparing soups and steaming vegetables. It also has a dedicated button for cooking congee.
This micom rice cooker has a well-designed, crafted, non-stick inner pot that is very easy to clean after use. It can perfectly cook any variety of rice. What I like the most about this rice cooker is its unique feature called the rapid functionality button.
You can cook rice faster and quicker than the usual waiting time. Although, there is a limit to the amount of rice you can cook using this unique feature.
You May Also Like: Looking For The Best Decaf Coffee Concentrate? Look No Further!
Toshiba Rice Cooker
- 680 watts of power
- Capacity: 7.5 cups
- 10 preset options
- non-stick inner pot
- Microcomputer control
- Display panel
- Rapid cooking button
The 7-cup capacity of this rice cooker makes it suitable for small and large families. This rice cooker can cook for up to 6 people. When we buy a rice cooker, one of the key things we need to consider is capacity.
If you want to achieve more with a rice cooker, you should consider opting for a rice cooker that can cook for your family.
Also, if you are a single person that stays alone, you might want to opt for a rice cooker with a smaller capacity. Nevertheless, this Toshiba rice cooker is still a great choice for families and single people.
Toshiba’s RC-18NMF is a high-efficiency, high-reliability inverter that delivers 680 watts of continuous power, and 1000 watts of peak power.
Non-stick inner pot
The non-stick inner of the Toshiba RC-18NMF is very lightweight and was developed to make cooking easier and faster.
It is designed so your rice will never get burned or stick to the pot. This makes the inner pot very easy to clean and maintain.
Rapid cook button
The rapid cooking button is a new and innovative feature. This button will cook your food in a fraction of the time.
What the rapid button does is that a meal that usually takes 30 minutes to cook will be cooked in about 15-20 minutes.
For example, it takes roughly 50 minutes to cook brown rice; however, using the rapid button fully will hasten the process. However, there is a limit to the cups of rice you can cook using the rapid button.
This rice cooker from Toshiba comes with different varieties of accessories. These accessories will help you a lot, and they also save time. Here are some of the accessories that are included with this rice cooker.
- Spatula holder
- Measuring cup
- Food Steamer
Toshiba Rice Cooker Recipe
It takes a long time to braise brown rice than it takes to braise white rice. So, I suggest you preset your timer for at least 45-50 minutes before you start the cooking process.
When cooking brown rice or any other rice in a Toshiba rice cooker, the first action is to wash and rinse the rice thoroughly until the water becomes clear. The washing process helps to remove excess starch and bran particles from the rice.
Secondly, pour the washed rice into the rice cooker pot and add water to the rice; for every cup of rice, you need 1/5 cup of water.
The trick here is straightforward since brown rice takes a long time to braise, you will need 2 cups of water per single cup of brown rice.
Add the required cups of water into the pot of your rice cooker and close the lid of the rice cooker. Also, when adding water, do not fill above the measuring lines, as this can lead to spillage.
Finally, press the cook button and let the rice cooker handle the rest! After waiting, turn off the cooker, and you can serve and savor your meal.
Well, you just learned how to play safe when using the rc18mnf. Now it's time to put the rice cooker to good use. This rice cooker is a multifunctional appliance, it can cook all varieties of rice and make soups and bread.
You May Also Like: Aroma Rice Cooker Instructions: How to Make Perfect Rice Every Time
How to Bake a Simple Bread Using a Rice Cooker
The functionalities of this rice cooker are boundless. Seldom can you find a rice cooker that provides amazing and unique attributes.
You can bake a piece of bread with the rc18nmf without using the traditional baking oven. You just simply mold your bread, and this Toshiba rice cooker will handle the rest of the job.
But then, how do you make simple bread with this versatile rice cooker?
I curated a step-by-step guide that will show you the right thing to do if you want to bake bread with this rice cooker.
Here is how to make quick and simple bread using this rice cooker:
- Get all the necessary ingredients, such as flour, butter, milk, etc.
- Mixed all the ingredients inside a bowl using a spatula.
- Place the mixed ingredient on a flat surface, and massage it thoroughly with your hands.
- Mold the bread into any desired shape and place it inside the inner pot.
- Add some vegetable oil; this will make fermentation easy.
- Press the menu button repeatedly to select the Fermentation cycle. For the first round of fermentation, preset the cooking time to 60 minutes and press the COOK button to begin the process.
- After the first round of fermentation is over, open the lid of the Toshiba rc18nmf. You will notice that the bread will be bloated. Don’t panic; this is completely normal.
- You can deflate the bread by piercing it with your finger to release the air trapped in it.
- Take out the bread and add some more oil to start the second round of fermentation.
- Follow the same procedure to select the fermentation cycle from the menu. But this time, reduce the waiting time to 30 minutes.
- After the second fermentation round, open the lid and test the condition of the bread.
- If you are satisfied with the fermentation process, you can proceed to the final stage.
Remove the steam vent and press the menu button repeatedly to select the Baking/Soup cycle. Preset the waiting time to 40 minutes. After 40 minutes, the bread will be perfectly baked.
Safety Guidelines of the Toshiba Rice Cooker
We all agree that safety should be our utmost priority when using any electrical appliance.
Safety is very important, we need to strictly adhere to all safety guidelines when using an electric appliance.
Gross negligence of this rice cooker can lead to serious injuries and burns. So here is what I did.
I curated some important safety precautions that will protect you from accidental injuries.
Here are some safety measures you must adhere to when using the Toshiba rc18nmf.
- Never attempt to fix or repair any part of the Toshiba rc18nmf rice cooker by yourself, except as instructed in the manual.
- Never insert or connect the Toshiba rice cooker to electricity with wet hands to avoid the risk of electric shock.
- Never operate this appliance when the power cord is damaged.
- Always ensure that the Toshiba rc18nmf is appropriately connected to the power outlet before you start operation.
- Never use an external power cord that the manufacturer does not recommend. It might lead to a fire outbreak.
- Never bend, twist, or remove the cord from the base while the Toshiba cooker operates.
- Do not use this appliance near flammable substances like gas and fuel.
- Never add ingredients or water that is more than the appliance's capacity.
- Be extremely careful when using this appliance for cooking soups.
Does steaming remove carbs?
Steaming foods is considered one of the best ways to prepare them for a healthy lifestyle. It is often considered a healthier alternative to other cooking methods. It is because steaming does not need any oil or butter.
However, many people are wondering if steaming removes carbs from the food. The answer is that steaming does not remove carbs from your food. The water you use in the process only provides flavor and moisture to the food.
You May Also Like: Top-Rated 12 Cup Food Processor That Will Make Your Life So Much Easier
This rice cooker is amazing! This is the machine for you if you want an easy-peasy way to make perfect and fluffy rice every time.
It's simple to use and comes with various settings to ensure your rice turns out just the way you like it. Trust me, once you try this rice cooker, you'll never return to making rice on the stovetop again.
You can hardly go wrong when cooking a delectable meal with a Toshiba rice cooker. It also releases an aromatic flavor when it is cooking rice.
Top 3 Best 4 cup Coffee Maker On The Market.
Electrolux food processor: Reasons You Need One In Your Kitchen.
The Best Kenwood Food Processor Carrefour Has To Offer
Aroma Professional Rice Cooker Instructions: 2022 Guides
Best Zojirushi Rice Cooker: 3 Options For Every Budget